What can an approved Educational Benefits Application provide?
Educational Benefits Applications help reduce obstacles to educational programs that students and families may face.
Regardless of income, all families should complete an Educational Benefits Application to ensure a quality educational experience at their child's school. Students and families may be eligible for reduced prices on items listed below, lowering barriers to participation in educational opportunities and programs.
Each household only needs to submit one application. If you prefer a paper application, you can obtain one from the front office at your child's school. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Nutrition@district196.org or call 651-683-6958.
- Discounted iPad Protection Plan fee
- Discounted transportation fee-for-service fees
- Discounted athletic participation fees
- Discounted Community Education course fees
- Discounted academic testing fees (ACT, AP, PSAT, SAT)
- Discounted college application fees
- Additional funding for your school
- Additional funds for increased access to technology resources
- Family benefits may include free or discounted fees for cable and internet services
- Free complete first breakfast and first lunch meals for students with Minnesota Free School Meals for Kids Program*